During World War I & II, some scientific and industrial practices changed beyond all recognition as the creative minds of the world were concentrated on producing things to change the path of the war. They resulted in many things we take for granted today.
The same is happening now with engineers building better ventilators, scientists working on tests and vaccines and a whole range of other developments.
It is in the world of business however where some of the biggest changes are happening. Some big changes that I have noticed already in the past few weeks
- The growth of online networking – people who used to head out to breakfast and lunch meetings have realised that they can now network online
- One client I know have just started using online application forms – they have been thinking about it for some time but now that they can’t had out physical ones, they have pressed forward and realised how easy it is
- Another client is now holding virtual interviews and assessments for the first time ever
- Social media advertising is on the up as more people are stuck at home on social media than ever before
- Some retailers have suddenly realised the importance of having their website and digital marketing working properly as they haven’t got people popping into their shops any more
What will happen when this is all over we do not know but of one thing we can be sure, some of these new practices will replace the old ones.